This guide is merely a general timeline for planning purposes, and does not include specific dates for specific schools; this information must be obtained from your prospective colleges and universities.
Decide where you plan to transfer and what you are going to major in
Your first year at college should explore different majors, maybe even take a Career Planning classes or attend a workshop. It would also be wise to visit some four-year institutions to see if they are a good fit for you.
- Consider/decide on a major.
- Fill out interest cards and the schools will send you more information.
- Visit some four-year institutions.
- Attend four-year institution transfer days.
- Talk with college representatives that visit WWCC.
- Decide where you are going to transfer.
- Meet with an advisor at the four-year institution you are interested in, make sure you are taking courses that transfer and meet lower division program requirements.
- Fall Quarter: Start preparing scholarship applications.
- Look into applying for some scholarships. The majority of scholarship application deadlines are in February, so you need to get on this as soon as possible .
- Apply for scholarships.
- Make contact with an advisor at a prospective four-year institution.
- Winter Break: Fill out your application for admissions and financial aid forms (FAFSA) as soon as possible for the following year.
- Apply for admissions
- Request an official copy of your transcript. You want to request that your transcript be mailed to your transfer school after winter quarter grades are posted on the transcript.
- Prepare to fill out your FAFSA by the end of January.
- Keep working on the scholarship applications!!!
- Winter Quarter: Turn in your applications for scholarships, financial aid, and admissions. Most of the deadlines for these applications will occur doing Winter quarter.
- Fill out your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Submit your admissions applications along with your transcripts to four-year universities
- Spring Break: Use this little bit of time off to consider housing at the campus you plan to attend.
- Spring Quarter: Be sure to request a final transcript from WWCC before you leave.
- Complete graduation requirements
- Accept/reject university offers
- Apply for housing (if needed)
- Request final transcript from WWCC after graduation
- Attend Transfer Orientation/Registration session at the transfer school you plan to enroll.